Essentially, you’ll just throw this in the crock pot, finish it in the oven, and look like a chef!
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 head of garlic, broken into cloves and peeled
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-1/4 Cup red wine
- 2 Cups beef stock
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Place everything except the pastry and egg in a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the lamb shanks from the oven dish and discard the herbs.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Shred the meat and mix with 2-3 cups of the remaining cooking juices, the onion and garlic.
- Place in a dish then top with the pastry. Brush with the beaten egg and cut a small slit in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Place the pie in the oven and allow to bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes then serve.
Order some LAMB SHANKS today!